This is a summer shawl design – Six Weeks of Summer – that will be released as a crochet along. It is a six part series of free crochet pattern instalments.
Are you ready for summer time? I am excited for the upcoming season for a few different reasons. However, I know it will be a busy one with the school out for summer. The days will be packed with activities to entertain the kids, day trips out and even a holiday! That all sounds very exciting and busy. The days might be long but the years are short!
On the other hand, summer is about relaxing and taking things slowly. We all need to recharge the batteries for what is to come for the rest of the year. I know I will be picking up my hook every evening to relax and switch off. A crochet project I can add a few rows to and have something beautiful at the end of the summer holidays.
If you are looking for such project too, you have come to the right place! I have just the right crochet summer project for you!
How would you like to work on the same project as other crocheters? Connect and interact with like minded people? Share the excitement of a prize draw?
Summer Shawl Crochet Along Details
I have teamed up with my crochet bestie Mel from Crochet UK and we are bringing you the Six Weeks of Summer Crochet Along. Here are the basic details.
- It is a six week long crochet along starting 23rd July 2021 that will run through the summer holidays.
- You can pre-order a yarn cake from Crochet UK between 1st June 2021 – 31st July 2021 at a special discount.
- There will be a prize draw at the end of the CAL with 2 random winners. Throughout the duration of the summer shawl crochet along you will be able to earn entries to a prize draw by completing various tasks.
Summer Shawl Crochet Along Pattern Details
I have designed a summer shawl pattern that I will release over a period of six weeks as a crochet along. The first part will be released on 23rd July 2021 and then every Friday after for six weeks. I will be releasing the pattern right here on the blog, so if you do not want to miss it, bookmark this page!
Alternatively, you can also purchase an ad free version of the pattern on Ravelry which contains extra crochet charts and video tutorials for each section. However, the pattern will not be available in full at the start. It will be updated each week so the whole design will remain a surprise. This way you can still take part in the crochet along but you will have your pattern safely stored in your library.
The summer crochet shawl is a beautiful lacy crochet accessory. It is rectangular shape which is worked diagonally. That means you will increase on one side while decreasing on the other side. It has six different sections using different lace crochet patterns.
Each section is finished off with repeating stitch pattern which continues throughout the shawl. The finished size is 45 cm wide x 175 cm long. It is a beautifully large crochet lacy wrap that is very versatile. The possibilities are endless on how to style and wear this great crochet wrap.
Six Weeks of Summer Shawl Yarn Details
I have used a beautiful yarn cake from Crochet UK for this summer shawl crochet along. I have chosen a custom colours for my cake which are 725 – 425 – 430 – 420 – 690 – 275. However, you can choose your own colours that represent summer for you! You will need a 4-ply yarn cake which is 1000m long using the 50% acrylic, 50% cotton yarn. Other alternative yarns that would work is Scheepjes Whirl, Cotton Kings or Hobbii Twister Yarn.
As mentioned above there will be a prize draw at the end of the summer shawl crochet along. So what are the prizes and what you need to do to win? Read on!
We have decided to draw 2 lucky random winners from a pool of entries. Each winner will win £30 worth of prizes.
Each winner will receive:
- £10 voucher to spend in Blue Star Crochet Ravelry Store on any Ravelry Download Pattern
- £10 voucher to spend on Crochet UK website
- Amazon voucher worth £10
Throughout the CAL, you will be able to earn entries into the prize draw by completing different tasks and challenges.
HOW TO EARN ENTRIES?
- Purchase the PDF version of the Six Weeks of Summer Shawl pattern from Blue Star Crochet Ravelry Store – 3 entries
- Spread the word about the CAL on your Instagram page/profile (must be a public profile) with #sixweeksofsummerCAL tagging @bluestarcrochet and @crochet_uk.couk, each post/story/reel/IGTV video/Live counts as 1 entry (this is unlimited throughout the duration of CAL until the prize draw closes)
- Spread the word about the CAL on Facebook with #sixweeksofsummerCAL tagging Blue Star Crochet Company and Crochet UK, each post/story/video counts as 1 entry (this is unlimited throughout the duration of CAL until the prize draw closes)
- Join Blue Star Crochet and Crochet UK Facebook groups (1 entry per group). Please use the word SIXWEEKSOFSUMMERCAL when joining so we can record it as an entry. If you are already a member, please message the group admin to add your entry to the prize draw.
- Post a photo of a completely finished project on your social media between 27th August 2021 – 3rd September 2021 with #sixweeksofsummerCAL tagging your hosts – 3 entries
- There may be other time limited challenges posted throughout the CAL on your hosts’ social media channels and in their Facebook Groups so make sure you follow them.
The prize draw closes 3rd September 2021 at 23:59 GMT. The two random winners will be drawn within a week of the prize draw closing. They will be announced publicly and contacted directly.
I hope you will join us for this exciting summer event!
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE SIX WEEKS OF SUMMER SHAWL CROCHET ALONG PATTERN
5 thoughts on “Summer Shawl Crochet Along – Six Weeks of Summer”
Just to let you know there is nowhere to enter the code when requesting to join the Facebook group.
I have added a space. Thank you for letting me know, I have recorded your entry.
I just joined Blue Star but I could not find code requirement:)
Looking forward to fun CAL!!
There is a space to put a “note to admin” but I have added your two entries ?
And same with UK Crochet .Both are on FB