Decorate your tree with this cute crochet mini christmas mitten this year! It is an easy and super quick pattern thanks to chenille yarn!
I have been getting into the festive spirit with this cute mini crochet mitten! I love this project!
The mittens work up super quick. This is due to the fact that the chenille yarn I used is bulky and therefore you only need a few stitches and rounds to work up a mitten.
I started at the fingertips and worked all the way down towards the cuff. There is no need to complicate things with a thumb opening.
This is because they are not actual functional mittens, so you do not need to create a hole for the thumb.
The thumb is simply worked onto the side of the mitten after it is finished! It is as easy as that!
Crochet Mini Christmas Mitten Ornament Video Tutorial
For those of you that prefer to crochet along and learn in a more visual way, I have also filmed a quick video tutorial.
I hope you enjoy it and do not forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel while you are there!
You can also grab the ad-free PDF version of this pattern from my shops below:
MATERIALS (contains affiliate links)
- Hobbii Honey Bunny (super chunky weight; 100% polyester; 120 m (131 yds) per 100g ball) x 1 ball each in red and white
- 6 mm crochet hook
- Yarn needle
length 10 cm from top to cuff
width 6 cm
not cruical for this pattern
11 sts x 7 rnds = 10 x 10 cm measured over hdc worked in round
STITCHES AND ABBREVIATIONS (US CROCHET TERMS)
sl st– slip stitch
mc – magic circle
sc- single crochet
hdc – half double crochet
- the mini mitten is worked top down
- you will start with creating a magic circle using chain sts
- the hdc are then worked into the magic circle
- the main body of the mitten consists of rounds of hdc sts
- the cuffs are then worked in white yarn in rounds of single crochet
- the thumb is added afterwards and worked stratight onto the side of the mitten
- beginning 2 ch counts as first hdc stitch throughout the pattern
- you can work over your ends rather than sew them in as chenille yarn will grip and not come untangles
- alternatively, you can sew the ends in securely
Crochet Mini Christmas Mitten Ornament
With red yarn chain 4, sl st to first st to join creating a magic circle.
Rnd 1: 2 ch (counts as first hdc here and throughout the pattern), work 11 hdc into the magic circle, sl st to top of beginning 2 ch to join. [12 hdc]
Rnd 2 – 5: 2 ch, 1 hdc in each st around, sl st to top of beginning 2 ch to join. [12 hdc]
Join white yarn in any stitch.
Rnd 1 – 3: 1 ch (doesn’t count as a st here and throughout), 1 sc in each st around, sl st to first sc. [12 sc]
Fasten off leaving a longer yarn tail which you can use to create a loop for hanging.
Join red yarn around the post of any stitch on round 4.
2 ch (counts as first hdc), working around the post of the stitch 4 dc in same sp.
Remove loop from the hook, insert hook through the top og beginning 2 ch, then place loop back onto the hook and pull through.
Tighten to close the stitch, fasten off.
Securely sew in all ends.
I hope you love this crochet mini Christmas mitten pattern. If you think your crafty friends will like it too, why not share it with them?
You can share a direct link to this pattern on your social media.
You might also like these:
- Free Textured Crochet Christmas Stocking Pattern
- Free Crochet Christmas Appliqués Patterns
- Crochet Mini Christmas Jumper – Free Pattern
- 10 Free Crochet Christmas Decoration Patterns For Your Home
- 9 Festive Tapestry Crochet Squares Free Crochet Along
Do not forget to pin this tutorial to your favorite Pinterest Board so you can easily find it later too.
I also send out a fun and free newsletter that is packed with crochet goodies! It is full of free crochet patterns, hand-picked round-ups, and stitch tutorials.
You will also become one of my VIPs and receive exclusive discount codes on newly released patterns that I do not share anywhere else!
So, my crochet newsletter is THE place to be! Sign up below today for a free PDF delivered straight to your inbox right after you sign up!