This Tunisian entrelac bag uses the great entrelac technique worked in corner to corner method. It is a great way to introduce Tunisian crochet to your repertoire of stitches and techniques.
Tunisian crochet has always had a special place in my heart!
In fact, my very first crochet pattern that I wrote was for Tunisian crochet cardigan I have made for my first son Jacob.
It was also my very first crochet pattern printed on the glossy pages of a crochet magazine here in UK.
I have fallen in love with Tunisian crochet all those years ago.
However, when I started exploring the crochet industry a little more, I have come across a lot of misconceptions about Tunisian crochet.
I was also a little disappointed to learn that people tend to avoid Tunisian crochet. They mostly see fabric created with Tunisian crochet as being heavy, dense and thick.
However, the only way the fabric is heavy, dense and thick is if you want it to be that way.
Tunisian crochet is so much more! It is pretty, modern, versatile and most importantly easy!
In the right hands and with the right direction, Tunisian crochet too can create a light, airy and wearable fabric.
So let me introduce you to Livvy Bag using Tunisian Entrelac technique in corner to corner or C2C.
Livvy Bag – Tunisian Entrelac Bag Pattern
I have recently wore my bag out for a coffee with my friend and she was totally overwhelmed by the bag!
I had the pleasure of saying that “I made it myself”. She couldn’t believe it was possible to make such a great ba with just a humble crochet hook.
And that is exactly right, you do not even need a special Tunisian crochet hook to work up this magic.
All you need is a straight crochet hook without any fancy ergonomic handles. This is because the most loops you will have on your hook at one time is eight!
That is right, just 8 stitches to work with, the entrelac technique is a gentle introduction into Tunisian crochet!
Livvy Tunisian Entrelac Bag Details
As I said, the bag uses the entrelac Tunisian crochet technique worked diagonally across the fabric from one corner to the other.
The basic shape of the fabric you need to achieve is a rectangle. From there, the bag is folded into an origami style bag and sew up.
All you need to finish it off is to add a handle. You can do this by crocheting one or you could even attach a store bought leather handle.
The bag uses three different yarn colors – teal, terracotta and white.
However, the combinations of colors are endless and you can completely customise the finished look of your bag!
Do you fancy a monochrome black and white version? Or do you feel like going “all out” and using all the colors of the rainbow? The choice is completely yours!
This blog post contains affiliate links and if you click through them to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. I link these companies and their products because of their quality and service not because of the commission I receive from your purchase.
- DMC Natura XL (100% cotton; super bulky; 75m /82 yds per 100g ball) x 2 balls in Blanc (01), 1 ball each in Terracotta (101) and Émeraude (81)
- 8 mm straight crochet hook
- Yarn needle
- Blocking board & pins
the first finished square measures 7 x 7 cm /2.75 x 2.75 inch
32 cm wide x 28 cm tall (at the highest point) x 14 cm at the lowest point
3 inch wide x 11 inch tall (at the highest point) x 5.5 inch at the lowest point
STITCHES AND ABBREVIATIONS (US CROCHET TERMS)
ch – chain stitch
yo – yarn over
lp(s) – loop(s)
tss – Tunisian simple stitch
sl st – slip stitch
st(s) – stitch(es)
FP – forward pass
RP – return pass
FREE Tunisian Entrelac Corner To Corner Event
If you have fallen in love with the projects and would like to make one, join in with the Tunisian Entrelac C2C Event running throughout February 2024.
I am on a mission to teach you the basics of Tunisian Crochet so you too can discover how fun, exciting and versatile this technique truly is!
Gone are the days when the only thing Tunisian Crochet was good for was thick, heave and dense afghans and blankets!
So come and see for yourself what you can create with Tunisian Entrelac in this exciting event.
We will start with learning the basics of Tunisian crochet, all about forward and return pass and Tunisian Simple Stitch.
Then we will expand our skills and start building the entrelac squares into a continuous fabric working diagonally across the fabric from corner to corner.
There is a choice of three patterns in this crochet along. Right after you sign up for the free event, head over to your student dashboard and cast your vote!
Choose your favorite project from Livvy Bag, Linna Hat or Leyla Shawl! Only the winning pattern will be released free on my blog and made as part of the free crochet along!
VIP Upgrade to Tunisian Entrelac C2C Event
I know how busy life can get and that we don’t always have the luxury to invest our time into leisure activities and hobbies!
That is why I have also prepared plan B! So this one is for all you super busy squirrels or for you impatient folk lol
Whatever your reasons are, you can upgrade to the VIP Tunisian Entrelac Event.
With the VIP pass, you will get… in short EVERYTHING!
It means all the step by step video tutorials, Tunisian Entrelac eBook for crafting on the go and ALL 3 projects – Livvy Bag, Linna Hat and Leyla Shawl inside one handy student dashboard!
- learn the basics of Tunisian Crochet and master the Tunisian Simple Stitch – Learn the absolute basics of Tunisian crochet technique, how to start a Tunisian crochet project, forward and return pass and master the basic Tunisian Simple Stitch.
- over 2 hours of ad-free video tutorials to learn the basics of Tunisian Crochet and expand your skills learning the Entrelac Corner to Corner technique
- Tunisian Entrelac Technique 101 – Once you master the basics, we will move onto expanding your skills and learning the magic of entrelac crochet technique, how to build up these squares using corner to corner technique and create a stunning fabric you can use for any project!
- bite size video lessons so no need to scroll through hours of video
- Tunisian Entrelac Pattern eBook to download for crafting on the go
- Three Crochet Patterns To Complete – Livvy Bag, Linna Hat and Leyla Shawl. Put your newly gained skills into practice and complete one, two or all three projects included in this course. Make a stunning origami style bag, cozy hat or a stylish triangle shawl, the choice is yours!
- list of materials with links
- video tutorial to complete each project
- access to Facebook Community group and Live Q&A chats
- BONUS $5 Ravelry gift card
- all materials and links organised inside course dashboard with instant and lifetime access
I hope you love this tunisian entrelac bag as much as I do. If you think your crafty friends will like it too, why not share it with them?
Firstly, you can share a direct link to this pattern on your social media.
Secondly, do not forget to pin this page to your favorite Pinterest Board so you can easily find it later too.
If you like this pattern, you might also like these:
- 10 Stunning Tunisian Crochet Pillow Patterns
- Amazing Tunisian Crochet Diamond Square – free pattern
- Easy Tunisian Crochet Lace Shawl – Free Pattern
- Tunisian Entrelac Hat – Linna Hat Project
- Tunisian Entrelac Shawl – Leyla Shawl Pattern
Thirdly, I also send out a fun and free newsletter that is packed with crochet goodies! It is full of free crochet patterns, hand-picked round-ups, and stitch tutorials.
You will also become one of my VIPs! Receive exclusive discount codes on newly released patterns that I do not share anywhere else!
So, my crochet newsletter is THE place to be! Sign up below today for a free PDF delivered straight to your inbox right after you sign up!